Monday, December 7, 2009

Turn About is Fair Play

I asked my personal trainer, JT, if he'd like to play some racquetball with me a while ago. I got the "oh yeah, sure." answer, and we never played. However, last week we made plans to play on Sunday afternoon, right after my training session.

I have no idea why I chose to do legs that day, but I didn't think it would affect my playing rball afterwards that much. I haven't played in two years since I found out I was pregnant anyway. I had low expectations.

We hit the ball around for a couple minutes, but then I was ready to play. By the time we both had scored a couple points it was clear that we're pretty evenly matched. However, by the way my trainer was breathing and focused, I realized that hasn't been doing much cardio lately. hah!

My strategy: hit the ball to land as far away from him as possible. Of course, most people play by this strategy, however, I got such great joy watching him run from one corner to the other, his face getting red, his breathing heavier and faster...(heh-heh). After the first game, I even asked if he was alright. I think that was the wrong thing to ask, pricking his arrogant muscle pride.

We played 3 more games. Unfortunately we had to stop at 2-2, and will have to have a tie-breaker later. I told him it was worth it to see him all ruffled and gasping. Of course, I got a blank stare in response as if he didn't know what I was talking about.

15 minutes later as I was celebrating with my grande non-fat mocha, I received a text. "That really kicked my ass. Let's do it again. JT"

I agree!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! THat would be awesome to see your "teacher" struggle! :)

    ReplyDelete