Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Elusive Pull-up

My goal is not only to lose weight and run more, but I want to do a pull-up. Just one. That's all I need.

Last night, pull-ups were on the menu at my personal training appt. I'm by no means a body builder, but after many years of being in and out of the gym and hanging with people that exercise as a way of life, I'd say I am pretty knowledgeable on my body, muscles, recovery, etc.

I have such a hard time getting my back, shoulders, and bicep muscles to act in sync...all needed if I ever want to get that pull-up checked off my list.

JT demonstrated, I tried it. JT demonstrated again, I tried it again. Now he's doing them one-armed on the pull-up assist machine. He's such a show off, but funny.

From when I started working out with him almost a year ago...I can burn through my squats and lunges, use the bosu ball like a pro, totally rock shoulder complexes, step ups, touchdowns. Everything he has me try, I can do in a short period of time, and then he steps it up again, making it more difficult...everything except the pull-up.

I think I'm getting worse at it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't do one either. I don't think I've EVER been able to.

    By the way..."I think I'm getting worse at it." LOL! That is freakin' hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this babe. You've climbed one of the seven summits, claimed a marathon and leg pressed 800lbs. This pull up doesn't stand a chance!

    ReplyDelete