Monday, December 7, 2009

Because Kerrie's doing it

According to Kerrie's list, she's running 3 miles today. Well, I decided that meant I should run 3 miles too. I had a short break from running after the Seattle half marathon, and now it's time to get back to it.

Regarding the Seattle Half, I did not meet my time goal, but I did come away with some measure of accomplishment. I only had the Seattle Rock and Roll half marathon that I did in June to compare it to. I completed the Seattle RnR in 3 hours 20 minutes (about a 15 min/mile pace). The course was essentially flat, and I did a run/walk. The Seattle Half was a lot hillier and I finished in 3 hours and 5 minutes, cutting my per mile pace down by a full minute. So, kudos to me on that.

Back to tonight. Once I decided that I'd hit the gym when my husband came home, I was rearing to go. I was excited to get back to running and not let myself lose any ground. I ran around getting changed while my husband was getting our son ready for his bath. The majority of this time was searching for socks. Why can I never find my running socks? We buy them by the truckload and they all disappear. (Yes, they are on my Christmas list.)

I made it to the gym, jammed my earbuds in, and cranked my ipod. I was off and running...well, walking. Ten minutes to warm up, a 3.25 mile run, and 10 minutes to cool down.

I feel great that I got my run in and could check it off my list...I mean Kerrie's list. I want to fit in 2 more runs before the Jingle Bell run this weekend. Thankfully, I believe Kerrie has scheduled those too!

1 comment:

  1. guess your getting socks in your stockings this year. It'll be like those russian dolls!

    ReplyDelete