Sunday, April 4, 2010

A windy 4 miles

My sister and I met for a run before Easter brunch today. She actually had to run 9 miles today in preparation for her half marathon, so she ran 5 miles then met me for 4 more. We ran on a nice gravel trail in Snoqualmie. Nice, but so windy.

We met at the Starbucks and drove to our starting point. We now had 4 miles until we arrived back to a huge water and nice warm coffee. She said she would run whatever my pace was, which was slow. It's a nice trail that travels through pasture land with peaceful views of cows grazing, follows the river, darts through a golf course and supposedly goes all the way up to Rattlesnake Ridge.

The wind, however, makes the run a tad uncomfortable. Although it was sunny, the cold wind stung my cheeks and froze my ears. My sister is a great conversationalist, at least at my pace, and she kept my mind off the discomfort. I was able to keep a nice, steady pace. I have no idea what my heart rate was because I'm giving my girl bits a break. The strap of my heart rate monitor rubs the underside of my boob (let's just be straightforward here), because it's tucked up under my sports bra. I now have some stinging sores there. Maybe I can move it down more, but it may not pick up my heart rate if I move it too far. I might have to take this one back to REI. Which is too bad, because I love the watch.

We reached the turn that takes us through town, across the river, and finally to Starbucks. I thought I even picked up the pace a little bit with the promise of my warm treat just ahead. But, my sister burst my bubble and I think this was our slowest mile. Oh well.

I felt really good after the run. Nothing was chafed, no tightness. A perfect start to Easter Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I've run that trail before and it was windy on a non-windy day. Today, the wind was fierce! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete