Sunday, November 8, 2009

3 weeks left

I do not like running. Even though I'm a heavy person, I'm relatively active. I hike, play racquetball, weight train, rockclimb, do triathlons, swim. Running is something that I've always disliked. I weigh 240 lbs. That is a lot to move around.

Every so often I start running. I keep with it a short amount of time and then it fizzles out and I do other things, or just go into couch potato mode. I've even done a marathon, but I did the run-walk program, so I still didn't consider myself a runner.

I also just completed a half marathon. However, I barely trained and again, did a run-walk type strategy. I finished. I wasn't sore, but I still don't feel like I've "run" a race.

I have a 16-month old now, and though it feels like I have no time to exercise, I also feel motivated to get moving. I had high blood pressure during the pregnancy and I have no desire to experience that again if I can help it. Not to mention if I get this weight off, I think I'll be able to chase after my little commando much easier.

So, here I am training again for the Seattle Half Marathon at the end of November. Luckily, I have a running partner. Even if we're not running together most days, it's great to have her support. I have to say, the running seems to be getting easier.

I have set my goal to finish under 2 hr 50 min. I'm in the last 3 weeks of training, and I have to make them count if I'm going to make that goal! I'm going to be a runner yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment