Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Namaste

Today the training schedule called for Stretch and Strengthen. My gym has a yoga class that fits perfectly after my Weight Watchers meeting.

I've been going to WW meetings on Mondays. My husband and I finally agreed on a night that he could consistently be home in order for me to head off to the meeting. My first Monday, I thought I would have to change because of the meeting leader. She's a little rough around the edges and has a strange manner about her. However, after my third meeting with her, I have to say she's growing on me a bit.

I jumped out my seat at the end of the meeting and headed toward the gym. I had my yoga mat in hand, a cheap one I bought at Cost Plus years ago. I had decided to wear my black capris and a snug blue, sleeveless top. We're in a dark room, who's going to notice. Once I got into the studio, I discovered it was freezing and didn't remove my longsleeved shirt. I became tremendously thankful for my overshirt, as my snug tank top started rolling up over my belly and up towards my ribs. I was secure enough to wear a tank top, not show my belly fat.

I did pretty good keeping up with the moves, since it's been a long time since I've done any yoga. I'd forgotten how much strength you really need. My biggest frustration is there is so much of me it keeps getting in the way. I can't even hold my hands in the prayer pose in front of my heart, without my EE's causing me to hunch my shoulders forward and look all humpbacked.

We'll see how my yoga class is after my 12 weeks of marathon training. Let's hope for a little more breathing room.

**Positive Note**
Went to the Dr. today and my blood pressure is 114/76. Yea!!
Hmmm....I wonder why getting my blood pressure taken by the handsome firemen makes it higher? (half joke/half not).

No comments:

Post a Comment